Drugs and Herbs
Databases Available to Nebraskans Websites Selected by Librarians
- American Experience: The Pill website explores some of the issues surrounding the creation of the pill, and the many different ways in which it transformed the lives of women, and American culture more broadly
- Buying Medicine from Outside of the United States
- Catalog of FDA Approved Drugs database listing most brand name and generic drug products approved by the Food and Drug Administration since 1939, including prescription and over-the-counter human drugs currently approved for sale in the United States, as well as discontinued drugs
- Consumer Reports Best Buy Drugs
- HerbMed database from the Alternative Medicine Foundation of herbs and their uses
- Native American Ethnobotany Database A Database of Foods, Drugs, Dyes and Fibers of Native American Peoples, Derived from Plants.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration links and ordering information for many free publications on legal and illegal substances.
- Substandard and Counterfeit Medicines Substandard medicines are products whose composition and ingredients do not meet the correct scientific specifications and which are consequently ineffective and often dangerous to the patient